To protect your mission critical system and minimize the risks involved, especially in aeroponics & hydroponics grow mediums we recommend following this guide to improve the resilience of our IoT system in cases of:
- Power Outage
- Internet Outage (Offline Mode)
- IoT Gateway Hardware failure
The power bank offered in our shop is only suitable to avoid data lose & fast resume of operation once power is back. For the system to continue operations while on outage, Power the IoT Gateway & WiFi router using either:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Unit (UPS)
- Off-grid Solar & Wind energy with battery charger
- Connect node with our battery power-bank, This acts as a UPS
- Run sensor node off-grid & in energy save mode using our solar panel & power bank addon
Power Cords & Solenoids:
- Connect Critical electrical appliances & Iot power cord to an Uninterruptible Power Supply Unit (UPS) => for example water pumps & nutrition dossers.
- For Valves / Solenoids, use our Off-grid actuator node
Internet Outage (Offline Mode)
Geia system was designed to continue operations also when internet is down this assuming local WiFi Network is still operational.
|Offline Mode||Online Mode|
|In-app Live Data||*|
|Logging Sensor & Actuator data||**|
|In-app Historical Data & Charts|
|Add or Modify automation function|
* From version 0.9+ The APP must be connected to the same local network as gateway and switch in-app connection type to local network mode
** From version 0.9+ Sensor Data will be synchronized automatically once gateway is back online and connected to the cloud
Fail-over IoT Gateway
From version 0.9+ its possible to use a 2nd gateway on the same local network, this will acts as a fail over gateway in case main IoT gateway fails.
In-case of data lose (like aging of SD card), replacing SD card on the faulty gateway will automatically restore data (either from the fail-over gateway or cloud)